Dragon Medical Practice Edition Specifications
The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
- More accurate than ever
In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 15% more accurate than Dragon Medical 10—and 33% more accurate than Dragon Professional 11 when used in clinical settings.
- Recognition speed
Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
- EHR support
Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
- Medical vocabularies
Covers nearly 60 specialties and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support
Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Hidden mode
Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
- Dragon Medical Template Library
Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration
Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance
- Recognition analytics
Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition Technical Specifications
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor. 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Server 2003/2008 64-bit
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).